We strive for best practice in environmental protection when developing the grid. We enable the grid to carry ever-growing amounts of renewable electricity. We carefully manage our own environmental impacts.
See below for what we have achieved in this area in 2018:
- Biodiversity policy developed;
- Electric car charging points installed in offices;
- Chaired Business in the Community Ireland 'Low Carbon Economy' Leaders' Group and signed the Low Carbon Pledge to achieve 50% reduction in Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG emissions intensity by 2030.
- Leading EU-SysFlex consortium that is working to decarbonise Europe;
- EirGrid energy consumption now down 39.1% from 2009 (to end of September).